Suzuki's J20A engine is equipped with a 16G GT3 Turbo and Tial 38mm wastegate. With seven pounds of boost, the engine's stock 143 class-leading horsepower and 136 lb-ft of torque are upgraded to 221 horsepower and 208 lb-ft of torque.
Helping to control this significant upgrade in horsepower are Road Race's GRIP springs and performance brake pads. An oil filler cap and battery tie-down – in billet – are supplied by Suzuki's in-house parts group, SWT. Other touches include a shift knob machined from billet aluminum and a new rooftop spoiler. The three-spoke steering wheel comes from the Japanese-market Suzuki Swift Sport.
From June 2008, SX4 owners can directly get this $5,400 aftermarket kit from Road Race Motorsports. Suzuki estimates than an owner will spend an additional $1,100-$1,200 in labor if the turbo kit is installed at a Suzuki dealership.
2008 Suzuki SX4t Turbo Crossover Concept Photos
• Turbocharged and intercooled J20A engine featuring 16G GT3 Turbo and Tial 38mm Wastegate
• 221 horsepower (5,100 rpm) and 208 lb-ft of torque (3,800 rpm)
• 2.0 liter DOHC four requires PREMIUM fuel
• Road Race Motorsports GRIP springs
• Road Race performance brake pads
• CarbonTrix carbon fiber vented hood
• Rota five-spoke Torque wheels – 17 X 7.5
• Yokohama Advan Neova tires – 225/45/R17 91W
• Removal of factory cladding
• Removal of factory roof rack and mounting studs
• JDM Suzuki Swift steering wheel
• Rockford Fosgate audio system, with upgraded amp, speakers and subwoofer
• Road Race sequential-style shift knob
• Custom bolster in front seats
• Custom Seat fabric inserts
• SWT billet drilled pedal set